Friday, April 24, 2015

I got Raspberry Pi 2 recently. To be honest, I was disappointed by the web-browser performance of Raspberry Pi. But Raspberry Pi 2 seems to be working better with quad-core CPU. So I think I will keep using Raspberry Pi for Blog writing.

Epiphany is installed by default for Raspbian and it is supposed to be better optimized for Raspberry Pi. But it seems that Google's Chrome works faster. I also tried firefox, which is called "iceweasel". Ice-weasel seems little better than Epiphany but Chrome seems faster and smoother on scrolling.

You can install Chrome by the command below:
pi@desktoppi ~ $ sudo apt-get install chromium

You can also try Firefox:
pi@desktoppi ~ $ sudo apt-get install iceweasel

The screenshot below is Chrome in action:

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Tomorrow may not come, so I want to do my best now.